Pages

Thursday, 20 October 2011

Acute or Chronic Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Acute Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Where there is a quick high concentration of carbon monoxide that may be caused by a catastrophic failure of some kind where often the emergency services are involved. These events are usually considered news worthy and those are the ones that you hear about. They are serious in their own right and can cause death or prolonged heath issues.

Or

Chronic Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This is usually caused by manufacturing defects or bad maintenance, this is where you suffer prolonged exposure to lower levels of carbon monoxide over an extended period of time. This is far more common than the acute exposure but far less well reported. This will result in your becoming unwell over time with symptoms like flue or stomach upsets or headaches, sometimes that will not go away. There are also many other symptoms that you could be suffering from like fatigue sensitivity to light, loud noise or chemicals like cleaning fluids. Often these symptoms will not go away but need to be recognized by the medical profession who will often mis-diagnose the symptoms caused by a CO event as something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment